[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/libkdeedu/extdate

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Sep 2 09:08:55 CEST 2005

SVN commit 456173 by harris:

ExtDate enhancements and fixes:

+ Added new variant of the static function ExtDate::fromString( string,
format ).  Until now, the format was restricted to Qt::TextDate or
Qt::ISODate.  Now, the format argument can be a string specifying the
format with KDE-compliant date-element tokens.  For example, to create
an ExtDate for September 2nd, 2005, you could use ExtDate::fromString(
"2005-09-02", "%Y-%m-%d" ).  I need this flexibility for the ExtDateEdit
widget I am writing.

+ Speaking of which: Added new ExtDateEdit and ExtDateTimeEdit widgets.
In KDE-3.x, these were copies of the Qt versions, but now I am writing
them from scratch (because the Qt4 versions rely on QVariant, which only
work with standard Qt data types).  The class compiles but is not
complete yet.  I have not even done any testing so far, so even the part
that is coded may not work.  At least we are a bit closer to being able
to compile trunk, since several of our tools use ExtDateEdit.

+ Added tests of the various fromString() functions to the test_extdate
program.

CCMAIL: kstars-devel at kde.org

 M  +76 -2     extdatetime.cpp
 M  +1 -0      extdatetime.h