[Kstars-devel] Alternate clines.dat for HA Rey Constellations

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 13 20:12:29 CET 2005

On Saturday 12 November 2005 03:52 pm, Jason Harris wrote:
> Great, looing forward to the patch.  can we convince you to add names
> for stars even when they aren't needed for your constellation lines? :)

Okay, I've got the first version done.  All the files fit inside of an
18k tarball, but I didn't know if this mailing list likes attachments so
I didn't attach it.  Perhaps I should just email it to Jason directly.

Here are the contents of the tarball:

  File                       Contents
  -------------------------  -----------------------------------
  README.rey-constellations  too many words
  clines.dat.rey             replaces clines.dat
  cnames.dat.rey             replaces cnames.dat
  hip.rey.patch              patch file to change hip00{1,2}.dat
  mk-names.pl                program I used to create cnames file
                             you don't need to use it

I think it is a great improvement.  Ideally, someday there will be
a menu option to select which constellation outlines and names to use.
It looks like there is a major version upgrade going on now, so I
realize that this feature is probably not near the top of the priority
list.

As for adding more names, I would like to continue to contribute to
KStars but I would like to first get the Rey constellations to closure
before taking on a new task.  Then perhaps we could have a short
discussion of how I might most effectively help out.  I would be willing
to do some grunge work if that is what is most needed.

--
Peace, James