[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars/skycomponents

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sun Nov 13 05:25:32 CET 2005

SVN commit 480080 by harris:

Added "Loading XXX" messages to all SkyComponents, for display in the
KStars splash-screen.  I thought for a while today about how best to
handle these messages in a simple way.  Here's what I came up with:

Added a function SkyComponent::emitProgressText(QString), which just
calls "parent()->emitProgressText(QString)".  So messages get handed up
the Components hierarchy until they reach the root parent Component,
SkyMapComposite.  In this class, emitProgressText() has been overridden:
it emits a Signal: progressText(QString).

This Signal is connected to another Signal:
KStarsData::progressText(QString), which already existed and is
connected to KStarsSplash::setMessage(QString).

So, to display a Splashscreen message from any Component, you just have
to add emitProgressText(message).  This should happen in the init()
function (or a function called by init()), because the init()'s get
called when the Splashscreen is present.

I added emitProgressMessage() to all Components that I thought needed
them (i.e., not Equator/Ecliptic/Horizon).

Note that I had to make SkyMapComposite a QObject so that it can have a
Signal.

CCMAIL: kstars-devel at kde.org

 M  +2 -3      asteroidscomponent.cpp
 M  +2 -3      cometscomponent.cpp
 M  +0 -1      cometscomponent.h
 M  +2 -1      constellationboundarycomponent.cpp
 M  +16 -1     constellationboundarycomponent.h
 M  +2 -1      constellationlinescomponent.cpp
 M  +6 -1      constellationlinescomponent.h
 M  +2 -2      constellationlinescomposite.cpp
 M  +2 -0      constellationnamescomponent.cpp
 M  +10 -0     constellationnamescomponent.h
 M  +2 -0      coordinategridcomponent.cpp
 M  +2 -0      customcatalogcomponent.cpp
 M  +0 -10     customcatalogcomponent.h
 M  +22 -3     deepskycomponent.cpp
 M  +38 -4     deepskycomponent.h
 M  +2 -9      milkywaycomponent.cpp
 M  +17 -15    milkywaycomponent.h
 M  +4 -1      milkywaycomposite.cpp
 M  +3 -2      milkywaycomposite.h
 M  +5 -5      skycomponent.cpp
 M  +9 -3      skycomponent.h
 M  +0 -1      skycomposite.h
 M  +18 -1     skymapcomposite.cpp
 M  +14 -1     skymapcomposite.h
 M  +2 -0      solarsystemcomposite.cpp
 M  +0 -1      solarsystemsinglecomponent.cpp
 M  +2 -13     starcomponent.cpp
 M  +32 -10    starcomponent.h