[Kstars-devel] Alternate clines.dat for HA Rey Constellations

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 12 22:36:36 CET 2005

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm converted about 2/3 of the clines file.  It's been fun.
So far I've found about 30 stars that I needed to connect to
but couldn't because they did not have names (like "alp Per")
in the hipNNN.dat files.

I've discovered how to add names to stars in the hipNNN.dat files
so I can use those names in the clines file to get the lines I need.
The changes I make should be 100% compatible with the existing system
because I am just adding names to stars that didn't have names.

I've got star charts available so I can use the official names when
I add new names.

I am planning on creating a patch file for the hipNNN.dat files to
go along with the new clines.dat file.

-
Peace, James