[Kstars-devel] sending object name thorugh indi interface

Michael Olberg michael.olberg at chalmers.se
Sun May 15 09:00:14 CEST 2005

You are amazingly fast, thanks a lot.

The reason for using my own GUI is mainly that it existed already before
I started
to look at kstars and indi. It can display spectra, store and retrieve
them as FITS
files (which have a number of agreed upon keywords typical for spectral
line data and
normally not present in FITS images) and has a few controls for
controlling the
21cm receiver, like frequency settings, noise diode on/off etc. But
hooking up kstars
to this is great. Radio astronomy done during day time lacks a bit of
the "oh"s and "ah"s
that optical astronomy can deliver in a dark night. Kstars brings some
of that awe back.
Thanks a lot.

I'll try and build kstars from source, I have so far used binary
packages on a
Debian sarge system. I hope I have the libraries and header files that
will be required.

/Michael