[Kstars-devel] sending object name thorugh indi interface

Michael Olberg michael.olberg at chalmers.se
Sat May 14 10:08:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am controlling our 2.3m student radio telescope through kstars/indi.
The indi server is a small GUI I wrote using Qt, which allows to control
the telescope stand-alone (i.e. without kstars) and to take spectra and
display them. kstars is mainly used to easily track solar system objects
(Sun mainly) and to quickly find locations within the milky way.
I would like kstars to not only send RA,Dec when tracking a source,
but also the name of the object (e.g. Sun) so that the information would
end up as part of the header of my spectra. I realise I can create a text
property which I could access through the indi control panel, but that
would require that I fill in the information by hand, wouldn't it?

Do I need to patch kstars for this or can it be done with the current
(or future ;-)) version?

regards,
Michael