[Kstars-devel] kdeedu/kstars/kstars/indi

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Mon May 2 19:18:00 CEST 2005

On Monday 02 May 2005 11:19 am, nextime at nexlab.it wrote:
> > The Meade LPI uses Sonix based chip which employs RGB bayer pattern. I
> > added support for the bayer pattern. Still, this is highly experimental,
> > so I'd appreciate any feedback on the issue if you happen to own a Meade
> > LPI.
>
> Hello,
> i'm a "lucky" LPI user...
>
> I found some problems with the new v4l2 support and a Meade LPI:
>
> 1- if i try to setup resolution to 640x480 indi crash without any error
> and i need to restart LPI indi support
>
> 2- if i ty to setup color stream from LPI instead of the gray default, i
> can see only a black screen
>
> Anyway, thanks for your work about v4l2 and lpi support!

Hello Lucky LPI user :)

In my last commit, I forgot to update drivers.xml. What's happening now is
that when you run meade lpi, it actually runs the generic v4l driver.

At any rate, perform the following change in driver.xml and then 'make
install' again.

CHANGE:

<device label="Meade LPI" driver="v4ldriver">
		<Exec>v4ldriver</Exec>
		<Version>0.1</Version>
</device>

TO:

<device label="Meade LPI" driver="meade_lpi">
		<Exec>meade_lpi</Exec>
		<Version>0.1</Version>
</device>

Also, I take it that the "gray" default it at least working?

I'll work more on the driver once the switch to svn is complete.

Cheers,
Jasem