[Kstars-devel] kdeedu/kstars/kstars/tools

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sun May 1 14:40:24 CEST 2005

On Sunday 01 May 2005 1:20 am, Jason Harris wrote:
> CVS commit by harris:
>
> Adding ability to load/save observing lists.  Please test if you have
> time.  I'd like opinions on some design decisions in this feature:
>
> + When saving an observing list, should we ask the user to specify the
> filename (as we do for DCOP scripts), or simply create a filename from
> the user's list name, and place it in $KDEHOME/share/apps/kstars (as we
> do for color schemes and other stuff)?  Right now, I am asking for the
> filename, but I think it might be better to just "hide" the actual files
> in $KDEHOME.

I think it's a good idea to save the list as a user-specified file. Then users
can exchange observing lists, or create one at one PC and then email the list
to another, or a teacher might give his students an observing list to
fulfill..etc

> + When opening an observing list, if there are already objects in the
> current list, should the new observing list be appended to the current
> one, or should the current list be cleared first (with save warning, if
> applicable)?  Right now, I have it clear the current list before loading
> a new one.

If there are any new objects in the list, then invoke save warning first. You
can open an existing list, then open _another_, and you shouldn't get a save
warning unless you modified the 1st list.

Also a couple of notes:

1. When you press "Save As..." and then press cancel, the program doesn't
respond.

2. For objects that don't have magnitudes, their magnitude appears as 1e02, it
should be "--"

Regards,
Jasem