[Kstars-devel] translated page for SEDS info page

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Mar 25 17:26:22 CET 2005

Hello,

As I  believe I told you when you posted originally, you should talk to the
translation team of your native language.  KStars is designed to accept an
alternate listing of URLs that goes to webpages in the local language, but
the translation team must define a new info_url.dat file which lists these
links.  From the file README.i18n, which is included with KStars:

"  If you want to provide internet links that point to websites
  in your native language, you can.  Add a file to the CVS tree at:
  kde-i18n/<lang>/data/kdeedu/kstars/info_url.dat (where <lang> is
  the two-letter code for your language).  This file should contain
  the list of internet links you want KStars to use when localized
  for your language.  You can look at the default info_url.dat to
  figure out the file format; briefly, it's a colon-delimited line
  with fields: object name, link text, link URL"

We (KStars developers) do not have the time, nor the linguistic ability, to
scour the internet looking for appropriate URLs in all possible native
languages.  Localization is up to the translation teams, and up to passionate
users like yourself.  If you will construct a list of URLs for your language,
I can help you get it added to the CVS kde-i18n module.

regards,
Jason