[Kstars-devel] Server connection (solution?)

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sat Mar 12 19:49:34 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gaetano Vocca" <yagvoc-web at yahoo.it>
<kstars-devel at kde.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Kstars-devel] Server connection (solution?)

>   I would say that is the problem. I do not know if that is the source of
> the problem, but what if you want that a server be connected from any
> client you _need_ to use "INADDR_ANY" as the argument for htonl() and this
> true for UDP and TCP sockets (as this case).
>
>   I suppose Jasem will correct this bug in the CVS. Have you tried to
> change it to INADDR_ANY, recompile and test it?.
>
> regards
>
> Pablo.

I'm really sorry. This is my mistake. I guess I should keep a log of changes
that I constantly forget. This is not a bug, but a security measure that
Dirk Muller introduced to the code. It's not safe to leave your connections
open wide to the net. You need to use port mapping in ssh to bind your local
client port to a remote one. The KStars manual describes how to do this
under "secure remote operation" item.

Sorry for the confusion.

Good luck,
Jasem