[Kstars-devel] Server connection

Gaetano Vocca yagvoc-web at yahoo.it
Thu Mar 10 23:05:02 CET 2005

Dear all,
I wanted to perform some tests about remote connection with a machine running
KStars and an INDI in server mode but I am unable to connect from a client
with any server I start.
I start a driver (i.e. fliccd) in server mode on one machine using an instance
of KStars and then I try to connect from another machine configuring a client
on the given server port with another KStars. What I get back is an error
dialog with a message like "Connection to INDI host at 192.168... on port
7268 failed" .
The KStars "server" is the cvs version while the client is KStars 1.0 using
KDE 3.3.2

If I swap the roles using the KStars 1.0 as server and the cvs version as
client everything works fine. Did anything change in the code?

As the network is correctly working, what could be the cause?

Thank you in advance
Gaetano