[Kstars-devel] fliccd

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sun Mar 6 22:22:47 CET 2005

Hello,

As you know, INDI's fliccd needs root privileges in order to work. Now that the fliccd daemon is no longer SUID, I need to update the manual to inform the user about this condition. The user may grant root priviliges to the driver manually if she desires so.

But granting anything "root" privilges is considered a security risk AFAIK, so I'm not sure what appropiate warning I should give the user if any in the manual.

Should I say "The FLICCD driver require root privilges in order to operate properly. Note that running the driver as root is considered a security risk." ?

Is this enough?

Cheers,
Jasem