[Kstars-devel] kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sat Mar 5 16:55:20 CET 2005

CVS commit by harris:

Adding thumbnail images to the Details window.
Open an object's Details window, and click on
the "default" image to set it.  This opens
the "Thumbnail picker", which will load a list
of images of the object from the internet.
You can also specify a file or URL directly.
Furthermore, the selected image can be edited
(crop, scale, rotate).

Much of this functionality is still TODO.
What works now:
+ Image URLs from the object's ImageList (the
  list shown in the popup menu) are loaded in
  the listbox.
+ Any of these can be selected as the object's
  thumbnail.
+ The thumbnail is saved to disk when you
  press Ok
+ Press "unset image" to restore default image
  and delete saved thumbnail from disk.

TODO includes making the image editor functional,
adding more resources for the image list
(including google image search), and making the
"select File/URL" box work.

RFC: The current "default" image just indicates
no image is set.  I wanted it to say "Click to Set
Image", but I think making the translators modify
an image is asking too much.  The image now has
a tooltip which says "Click to change image"; is
this enough feedback?

CCMAIL: kstars-devel at kde.org

  A            thumbnaileditor.cpp   1.1 [GPL (v2+)]
  A            thumbnaileditor.h   1.1 [GPL (v2+)]
  A            thumbnaileditorui.ui   1.1
  A            thumbnailpicker.cpp   1.1 [GPL (v2+)]
  A            thumbnailpicker.h   1.1 [GPL (v2+)]
  A            thumbnailpickerui.ui   1.1
  A            data/noimage.png   1.1
  M +2 -1      Makefile.am   1.131
  M +64 -2     detaildialog.cpp   1.54