[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Jun 29 07:45:25 CEST 2005

SVN commit 429860 by harris:

Adding Observing List wizard, which closes wish #107068.

The wizard lets you construct observing lists by filtering the list of
known objects in three different ways (which can be combined):
1. By object type
2. By position on the sky (in constellation(s), in a rectangular
region, or in a circular region)
3. Brighter than a given magnitude

Note that only one "Position" filter can be used currently.  I was
going to allow combinations of position filters, but this seemed more
complicated than it was worth.  Opinions?

Also, while multiple constellations can be selected, only one
rectangular/circular region can be specified.  Is this
annoying/confusing?

The wizard is accessed from the toolbar in the Observing List window
(should it also be added to the "Tools" menu?).

Please test.  I think I have covered most of the corner cases, and it
seems pretty robust here.

To Be Fixed:
Applying the Constellation filter is very slow, because
SkyPoint::constellation() is slow.  I was looking at this function, and
I think I can make it faster.  Also, there are cases where it gives the
wrong answer (like points near either celestial pole).  In addition, we
should have a function "bool KStarsData::constellationContains( const
QString &cName, SkyPoint *p )", which will make the constellation
filter even faster.

BUG:107068
CCMAIL: kstars-devel at kde.org

 M  +2 -1      kstarsdata.h
 M  +18 -17    tools/Makefile.am
 M  +136 -33   tools/observinglist.cpp
 M  +25 -1     tools/observinglist.h
 M  +186 -78   tools/observinglistui.ui
 A             tools/obslistwizard.cpp   [POSSIBLY UNSAFE: system] [License: GPL (v2+)]
 A             tools/obslistwizard.h   [POSSIBLY UNSAFE: system] [License: GPL (v2+)]
 A             tools/obslistwizardui.ui