[Kstars-devel] [ask]Little features, with ISS and transits...

jb ashashiwa at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 11 15:21:29 CEST 2005

Hi :)

> 1) dowload TLE on space-track.org. (could not be done automatically due to
> security reasons..see space-track.org)
> But we could include a interface to log-in space-track and get TLE's with
> our space-track login.
> (I have a shell (or perl.. don't remember) that can do this...and give lots
> of satelites ;) )

Script beginning
------------------------
#!/bin/bash
# Set the username and password shell variables
USER=xxx
PASS=yyy

# Login and get the cookie
wget -o log1 -O log2 --save-cookies cookies.txt \
"http://www.space-track.org/perl/login.pl?_submitted=1&username=$USER&password=$PASS"

# get tle

wget -o log3 -O all.tle.gz --load-cookies cookies.txt \
http://www.space-track.org/perl/dl.pl?ID=2
gunzip -f all.tle.gz
dos2unix all.tle

wget -o log3 -O geo.tle.gz --load-cookies cookies.txt \
http://www.space-track.org/perl/dl.pl?ID=4
gunzip -f geo.tle.gz
dos2unix geo.tle

wget -o log3 -O iridium.tle.gz --load-cookies cookies.txt \
http://www.space-track.org/perl/dl.pl?ID=10
gunzip -f iridium.tle.gz
dos2unix iridium.tle

wget -o log3 -O visible.tle.gz --load-cookies cookies.txt \
http://www.space-track.org/perl/dl.pl?ID=22
gunzip -f visible.tle.gz
dos2unix visible.tle
end of script