[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Wed Jun 8 19:28:36 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 8:17 pm, Jason Harris wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 June 2005 10:06 am, Jasem Mutlaq wrote:
> >  A             indi/fq.c   [License: UNKNOWN]
> >  A             indi/fq.h   [License: UNKNOWN]
>
> uh oh...don't forget to add a license :)
>
> BTW, what can you tell us about the impact of the new threaded server?
> Did the old one cause lockups during long operations?
>
> One of these days, I really have to get a computerized telescope...
>
> Jason

The license is there :-) But I guess the system didn't detect it

/* a fifo queue that never fills.
 * licensed under GNU Lesser Public License version 2.1 or later.
 * Copyright (C) 2005 Elwood C. Downey ecdowney at clearskyinstitute.com
 * includes standalone commandline test program, see below.
 */

The new threaded server is optimized to deal with issues of binary transfers.
The old server can get congested and drop binary packets, this new one sends
all without a big impact on the transmission of INDI properties. We're also
currently discussing thread priority....etc so the system overall scales a
lot better.

Regards,
Jasem