[Kstars-devel] Qt4 porting

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sat Jun 4 13:15:44 CEST 2005

On Saturday 04 June 2005 11:00 am, Jason Harris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This thread is for preliminary discussion of the impending Qt4 port of
> KStars.

Thanks Jason for the helpful Q&A.

I have a few items on my TODO list:

1. SBIG Support. I have skeleton driver, with no device, I can only hope for
volunteers to pick up the task.

2. Apogee Support. In active development. Will probably finish this driver in
about 1 month.

3. Astro-Physics mount. I need someone to test this driver, that's all :-)

4. Inclusion of CCDPreview window with FWHM. In progress, will probably be
done in less than a month.

5. Adding/Editing/Removal of telescopic devices and their corresponding
optical properties. In planning, will probably finish in 8 weeks.

6. GHNS for SBIG/Apogee if possible.

The above will not be necessarily developed in parallel, so it might take 2-3
months.

So let's agree on 3.5 feature plan and agree on the time frame required to
perform it. How about 3.5 active development till Oct, then afterwards, we
start the Qt4 porting?

The October date is only tentative.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,