[Kstars-devel] Meade INDI Mount driver for XEphem?!?

Yves Boisjoly Yves.Boisjoly at sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 8 14:32:53 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I would like to contribute to this project...

I have a 8" Meade LX200GPS telescope and I used Linux and XEphem.

I already have the INDI drivers for controlling the scope and it is working
perfectly...

I am looking for the Mount driver for XEphem. I am able to use the demo one
that come with XEphem but I would like to actually have a real one that would
give me the facility to use the GOTO function.

It is working well with KStars but honestly, I would prefer to use XEphem
cause I find it much more technical and I am this kind of guy ;-)

So I need your help to port the KStars Mount driver to XEphem...

Do you any existing driver that would work by now? I seeked the Internet
without any result... I did find the "Meade LPI under Linux" subject by the
way, and now it make me whant to buy this baby camera :))

Please, any input would be appreciate... I even thing to use the demo Mount
from XEphem and recompiling for real life... I know C++ and Perl language, but
where should I start to change thing in this code?

Do you know if it is ready for this kind of change??

Thank you,
Yves

--

Yves Boisjoly, Administrateur systèmes UNIX
Yves.Boisjoly at sympatico.ca
http://www.lepetittuxervateur.ca