[Kstars-devel] Get Hot New Stuff

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Wed Apr 20 16:55:46 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 4:46 pm, Chris Curran wrote:
> Jasem,
>
> As you'll recall, that's what I'm working on. Are you taking it?
>
> cheers,
> Chris

Hello Chris,

My apologies! We haven't been in contact lately and I thought I might give
this a kick. But I'm glad you're working on it! I think with the current
KStars and INDI, we should give this a go.

Here is my "general" plan, any feedback or changes is appreciated:

1. We should use xmccd v1.4 as a starting point, it's open source and can
communicate with both LPI and USB SBIGs.

2. Download the latest "LinuxDevKit.tar.gz" from SBIG site, the latest version
is 4.43.

3. Use Apogee PPI INDI driver (in KStars CVS now) as a template or reference,
it's up to date.

On my side, I want to work on the Get Hot New Stuff part, and an SBIG-specific
wizard to make it easy for the user to get this CCD to work (it requires a
lot of steps manually).

Let me know if you have the time to get started on this. On the other hand, we
still need to write an astrophysics specific driver since lx200 generic
doesn't work. I believe we should get the telescope done first then move to
SBIG.

Please let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Jasem