[Kstars-devel] Re: [kde-edu]: CVS and SVN active

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue Apr 12 23:26:05 CEST 2005

On April 12, 2005 05:09 pm, Jason Harris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to keep up with the latest developments on the switch to
> SVN, but I have to admit, I am somewhat confused.  There are currently
> people submitting changes to KStars via both CVS and SVN.  Which of the two
> is the "Real" repository as of this moment?  Are changes to one
> automatically propagated to the other somehow, or do I need to worry about
> cross-posting the changes that are being committed now?
>
> thanks,
> Jason

Hi,

At the moment svn is NOT ready and I believe the repository will be erased!
Every cvs committer will get a mail via [kde-cvs-announce] to the email
address used when you commit (in kde-common/accounts) and you will be
notified that way when svn is ready. Please check your email address to be
sure it works. You should have got some emails from coolo already at that
address.
I strongly advise people to stop committing in svn. The svn repository has
never been opened for real, just for tests. If you committed code in svn you
want to keep, commit it again in cvs.
cvs will be read-only for 12 hours or so (no commit allowed) before the move
to allow the copy of the repository. No loss will occur that way.

Hope this helps,

Anne-Marie