[Kstars-devel] KStars Scripts Archive

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu Sep 30 11:40:59 CEST 2004

Hello,

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 01:46 pm, Jasem Mutlaq wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I noticed today a news item on the KStars page about Jason's
> presentation of KStars and Celestia :-)
>
> KStars now maintains a script archive for customized tours @
> http://edu.kde.org/kstars/scripts/index.php

Yes, thanks for mentioning it here; I meant to do that :)
In preparing those scripts, some weaknesses in some of the DCOP
functions became apparent, so I am motivated to make the scripting even
better.

> Do you think it would appropiate if we add a menu or submenu for such
> tours bundled with KStars? The user should be able to add, remove
> tours of course. I think this will be a very useful educational tool.

I have also been thinking about something like this.  A user suggested a
"Favorites" menu with entries for predefined settings.  Each one would
be attached to a DCOP script.  A Favorite could be a full Tour/Demo, or
it could simply set the geographic location, or point at a certain
object, etc.

Hopefully, we'll have time to develop this for 3.4, although it looks
like another very short release cycle...

> cheers,
> Jasem

regards,
KStars: A KDE Planetarium