[Kstars-devel] DCOP question

Antti Peltonen antti.peltonen at iki.fi
Fri Nov 19 19:26:45 CET 2004

Hi,

Our telescopes setup is somewhat "home made" (Its based on american precision
industries step controller and step motors) and therefore I seriously doubt
it that you guys would support it. :) You could say its unique. However Im
interested of using KStars as the control structure for my own program which
interfaces with the step controllers with their own serial protocol. My
program will handle also the joystick commands given by the user (either from
the observatory or from the nice and warm room downstairs).

As much as I can figure out there is dcop interfaces for setting geological
location (setGeoLocation), setting tracking on/off (setTracking) and setRaDec
for changing the target. Now. :) I would like to have them also as
getGeoLocation, getTracking and getRaDec interfaces so that my own program
could poll them and execute commands accordingly like setting the telescope
in track mode or rotating it to position (skew) and so on.

Is this possible (I know it is, but I still ask) ;)

Please respond to my email directly since Im not member of this list.

Thank you. :)

 - Antti -

p.s. Sorry for my lousy english ;)

--