[Kstars-devel] problem compiling cvs to add a little feature

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Tue May 18 22:31:35 CEST 2004

Hi, I wanted to write a little patch for Kstars(*).

I downloaded the cvs and tried to compile it... I get lots of warnings
and errors regarding the fli_ccd.c, v4ldriver.cpp and v4ldriver.o. The
exact output is *very* long and I could paste it if you request me to do
so. The final part is:

v4ldriver.o(.text+0x143b): In function `updateStream(void*)':
: undefined reference to `getColorBuffer()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [v4ldriver] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kdeedu/kstars/kstars/indi'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kdeedu/kstars/kstars/indi'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kdeedu/kstars/kstars'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

do you think it's my fault or is the cvs broken in this moment?

Thank you :)
Alessio Sangalli

(*) I would like very much to see the actual Altitude and Azimut when
pointing something with the mouse. I know I could click on and object
and select Details, but I think it's much more comfortable to have this
information available in the lower right corner of the screen.
Again, I would like the "Find object" function to be more flexible than
simply search for something that "begins with" (jolly characters, regexp?).