[Kstars-devel] tools subdir

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sun Mar 28 21:18:19 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have finally started working on moving all of our tools code into its
own subdirectory.  I actually have it working now with one tool moved
(AltVsTime) as a test case.  Some points:

+ is "tools" OK for the dir name?
+ should we make one big library in that dir (libkstarstools.a), or a
separate lib for each tool?  Are there any runtime advantages either
way?
+ There's a slight problem with Qt Designer.  It's not smart enough to
prepend "../" to the header files for custom widgets like dmsBox.  So
when working on a tool, you will have to edit the custom toolbox in
designer, and adjust the paths of each of the header files.  This seems
pretty dumb, so I really hope I am missing something.

thanks,
KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars