[Kstars-devel] Translating KStars AstroCalc

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Jul 28 17:15:58 CEST 2004

Oh no.  This is a symptom of a problem I thought I had fixed, but the
fix was incomplete.  Months ago, we moved out "tools" code into a
subdirectory, but I forgot to update the Makefile to process the
strings into the POT file.  A few weeks ago, I fixed it for *.cpp/*.h
files, but now I see I should have done it for *.ui files also.

I think that your translation databases will have most of these strings
in them still, unless you have explicitly cleaned out "unused"
translations.  In this case, my adding the tools *.ui files now will
result in a large number of fuzzies, and possible a small number of
additional translations.  However, it is possible that it will add a
large number of strings to be translated, if your PO file has lost the
old strings.

So, what should be done?

1) Leave the tools ui files out until post-3.3, since we are only 9 days
from ultimate freeze.

2) Add the ui files now.

I'm very sorry about this.

Jason