[Kstars-devel] KStars bugs status

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Tue Jul 13 06:54:22 CEST 2004

Hi team,

Since we're now in feature freeze, I thought it would be a good time to
vanquish all of the open bug reports.  Here's a list of the current
unresolved (non-wish) bugs:

69818: Empty Sky on PPC
blank screen on startup due to an undefined focus position.

71434: date boxes are too small
astrocalculator are too narrow to display their contents.  I cannot
reproduce the problem, even with a very large font size.

77564: planet images overlay in dumped image
the dumped sky image.  I was never able to reproduce this.

81303: kstars segfaults after loading

83849: Solar system circles are wrong size
they are the correct angular size; when displayed as simple circles,
they are too big.  I'm pretty sure I know how to fix this.

84196: can't focus view in some directions
User gets undefined focus point when requesting "Az=180, Alt=90" with
the manual focus tool.  Confirmed and fixed, but I am working on a
better fix.  The user asked to be able to specify any azimuth when
Alt=90.  This has been suprisingly difficult to achieve.  The display
seems to always set Az=90 or 270 when Alt=90, no matter what Az was
requested.  Still working on this one.

So, a lot of these are unconfirmed.  I never know quite how to deal with
those.

KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars