[Kstars-devel] constellation lines reloaded

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Jan 30 17:53:00 CET 2004

Hello,

Thanks to a user named Clemens, we now have a mostly-complete overhaul of our
constellation-line data.  The problem with the old data was that the "nodes"
of the constellations were fixed sky coordinates, and not tied to the
constellation's stars.  This caused a few problems:

+ in some cases, there was a small error in the position of a node

+ now that we have proper motion of stars, constellation nodes will need to
adjust as stars move.

+ some of the constellations had missing lines

Clemens reported the missing constellation lines issue as bug #72632, and I
suggested that the nodes should be defined with star names instead of
coordinates.  He graciously took on this task himself.  His current table (in
OpenOffice format) is at:

http://www.psychotekk.de/extern/CLinesNew.sxw

Feel free to fill in the missing entries, if you can.  Once this is complete,
I can add it to the program.

Clemens: do you subscribe to the kstars-devel mailing list?

regards,
KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium
kstars at 30doradus.org