[Kstars-devel] opengl_branch soon

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Jan 30 16:41:43 CET 2004

On Friday 30 January 2004 03:01 am, Dik Takken wrote:
> One thing I was worried about: Is the OpenGL renderer going to
> replace the current one? And if that is the case, isn't
> software-OpenGL much slower than then current renderer?

Nope.  As I said in the original post, openGL wil be optional. It will
check at compile time if openGL is installed.  Also, it will be easy to
provide a switch to turn it off if you have openGL installed, but don't
want to use it.  This could even be a run-time switch.

KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars