[Kstars-devel] Orion comparison

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Jan 23 23:09:46 CET 2004

Hello,

I found a photo of Orion, and just for fun I put it side-by-side with the same
field of view in KStars, on the KStars webpage.  It looks great.

I just wanted to say, that Thomas's idea two years ago for rendering star
colors with a colored ring around a white core was brilliant.  It's still the
best rendering of stars in a desktop planetarium app I've seen. I mean, check
out Betelgeuse in the real photo, that's exactly what it looks like! :)

Anyway, thanks Thomas!

regards,
Jason

PS- I just finished submitting two HST observing proposals, which are due
today.  I was also involved in four others.  Needless to say it's been a
hectic week!  Looking forward to relaxing with some kstars code soon ;)

--
KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium
kstars at 30doradus.org