[Kstars-devel] Re: Help Requested

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon Jan 12 21:57:24 CET 2004

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear you're looking at using KStars to drive your radio telescope!
When I was an undergrad, we built a radio telescope from an old TV satellite
dish and some off-the-shelf servomotors.  Our home-brew control software
was really rudimentary, running on a 286 with DOS :)

Now, to compile KStars you'll probably need Qt 3.2.x installed.  Sounds like
you've done this, but configure isn't seeing it.  Are you using the full
command line:  './configure --prefix=$KDEDIR --with-qt-dir=$QTDIR' ?

If your $QTDIR and $KDEDIR variables are not defined, you should substitute
the actual installation paths.

If that doesn't help, please send me your config.log file, and the console
output when you run configure.  Also, let me know what OS and version you are
using.

Don't worry, we'll get it working.  I am cc-ing the kstars-devel list on this
message so that other devs can comment as well.

Out of curiosity, is your control hardware a custom setup, or a commercial
radio telescope system?  I'm sure Jasem Mutlaq (inventor of our INDI support)
would be interested in adding support for a radio telescope system.

good luck,
Jason

--
KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium