[Kstars-devel] KStars 1.0 CPU Usage

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Tue Jan 6 13:39:55 CET 2004

Dik Takken wrote:
> Another remark about the high CPU usage, it seems to happen everytime
> KStars opens up a blocking window like a image-download, but also a print
> preview.
>
> Maybe it's a KDE bug?

I've had a similar bug with kstars. It happens only on some computers,
for example in my laptop I've never had such a problem, but on my
desktop system I always have it. The same on my girlfriend's computer:
the system is not freezed but very slow to react to user input both
mouse and keyboard.

Someone on the mailing list told me to disable dri... I must say I
didn't experiment a lot but I still have this bug. The bug also happens
if I open a network display, kstars running on my laptop but displaying
on my desktop system.

ciao
Alessio Sangalli