[Kstars-devel] About drawing on the sky map

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Fri Jan 2 10:23:41 CET 2004

kstars at 30doradus.org wrote:

> Sorry about being away from IRC; I've been enjoying the holidays and went
> NYC for the first time :)

cool - I went to Germany to spend vacations with my girlfriend. It's so
cool here there is so much snow :)

> KStars uses QPainter to draw the skymap, so anything QPainter can do, we
> can
> do too.  See the function SkyMap::paintEvent() in skymapevents.cpp (it calls
> a series of draw functions which can be found in skymapdraw.cpp).

Ok I know the QPainter object well :)

> I think satellite tracking would be a really great addition for KStars,
> and
> predict looks like a good way to make it happen.  Let us know how it's going,

sure, I'm glad you consider this an interesting feature. We will see if
I'm good enough to realize it (the main problem is that I will go in a
new apartment so in the next couple of weeks I don't know how much spare
time I will have).

> and if you need any help understanding the code or advice on how to proceed.

thank you

> best of luck and happy new year,

the same to you and to all the friends of the kstars team!

ciao
Alessio Sangalli