[Kstars-devel] About drawing on the sky map

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Thu Jan 1 22:30:23 CET 2004

Hi, I was on kstars' irc channel but there is not much activity. I'm
learning Qt to be able in the future to halp or add some feature to kstars.

I was wondering, before digging in the source code, which kind of
graphical shapes and objects it's possible to display on the sky map. I
know that a QPainter object can also draw Bezier curves; is it possible
to do so in kstar's window?

Another thing:
few weeks ago I was saying on the irc channel that I would like to find
the way to display satellite passes on kstars. I've found the "predict"
program that could be very interesting for this purpose:
http://www.qsl.net/kd2bd/predict.html
I want to see if there is a way to create a kstars module to display
satellite passes using this program :)

Thank you
Alessio Sangalli
IW2NYJ