[Kstars-devel] Experiments with Night Vision color scheme

Heiko Evermann Heiko.Evermann at gmx.de
Fri Feb 20 23:41:06 CET 2004

Hi everyone,

experiments with a global Night Vision color scheme have not been too
successful. I have added my file as an attachment. It should be placed
into ~/.kde/share/apps/kdisplay/color-schemes.

It is mostly black and dark red. In some places the contrast could be a
bit better, but it is a possibility to check out what is happening. You
can then choose "Night Vision" under look&Patterns/colours in the KDE
control center. And then just try
konsole, kcalc, kate. These would be programs that might be interesting
on a laptop out in a starry night. They all have large areas of colors
that can be adjusted inside these programs under "Settings", but they do
not care for a global colour scheme in all places. This makes a global
night vision color scheme useless for the purpose that it was build for.
As a user one would have to adjust several applications manually. The
global scheme can only be used as a foundation.

I am a bit disappointed about this.

Regards,

Heiko