[Kstars-devel] switching desktop colors

Pablo de Vicente p.devicente at wanadoo.es
Thu Feb 19 21:22:07 CET 2004

El Jueves, 19 de Febrero de 2004 13:31, Heiko Evermann escribió:
> Hi Pablo,

Hello Heiko

> > > Another idea I had was to just include a "Night Vision" KDE desktop
> >
> > color
> >
> > > scheme, which the user could select themselves when using KStars in
> > > dark conditions.  The installation of the desktop color scheme could be
> > > part
> >
> > of
> >
> > > the KStars startup wizard.
> >
> > That is a very good idea. I am sure that people that use laptops at night
> > outdoors will love that, because they can use the whole KDE and not only
> > KStars.
>
> Are You sure, You would need KWrite in Night Vision to take some notes

Well, I am sure of very few things,..:-) and as I get older of less
things :-)....but do not get me too seriously..

No, I am not sure.. but still think it may be a good idea.

> while watching the stars?
> Well, it would still be possible to have a night vision color scheme, but a
> solution for kstars only is desirable too, and it is not that difficult.
> (See my preivious posting.)

I agree with you that it is improbable (and rather silly) to take notes while
watching stars, but is not so improbable to look at the calendar, use the
calculator or even a python console (I use it for mathematical operations).
It is also improbable to browse Internet but KStars includes the possibilty
to do so. Who knows if you would like to connect to Internet using a WiFi card
or a GSM phone?. In the wilderness this is improbable, but you may watch the
stars close to an observatory with internet connection. Of course Internet
pages do not have a night vision mode, but perhaps you just want to download
a FITs image.... There are possibilities....

Another issue is if it is worth the effort or the priority is low... but I
still think it is a good idea.

> Regards,
>
> Heiko

regards,