[Kstars-devel] switching desktop colors

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Feb 18 19:25:07 CET 2004

Hello,

We have a wishlist item (bug #43595) to reset the desktop colors when the
night-vision color scheme is selected.

After investigating this issue, I've concluded that there's no good way to
temporarily reset the desktop colors without modifying the user's global
config files.  I don't want to do this, even temporarily.

We *can* modify the window colors of just the window(s) that belong to KStars
using QApplication::setPalette().  Thus, if the user chooses night vision
colors and uses full-screen mode, they'll have a fully night-vision friendly
desktop (except for the kicker panel).

Another idea I had was to just include a "Night Vision" KDE desktop color
scheme, which the user could select themselves when using KStars in dark
conditions.  The installation of the desktop color scheme could be part of
the KStars startup wizard.

Any thoughts?

KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium
kstars at 30doradus.org