[Kstars-devel] kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Pablo de Vicente p.devicente at wanadoo.es
Sat Dec 11 15:42:40 CET 2004

El Sábado, 4 de Diciembre de 2004 09:05, Jason Harris escribió:
> CVS commit by harris:
>
> First commit of an observing list tool.  Initial code by Jeff Woods,
> which I have already extended a bit :).  WARNING, it's not yet stable,
> so please try it out and look for bugs (and maybe try to fix them! :)
>
> You can add objects to the observing list through the popup menu.  Then
> you can open the Observing List Tool from the Tools menu (or with
> Ctrl+L).  The tool shows the following data for each list object in
> a KListView widget:  Name, RA, Dec, mag, type.  You can sort by any of
> these by double-clicking the column.  There are buttons to perform
> actions on the highlighted object (Center in map, Point telescope, show
> Details, show Alt vs. Time, Remove).  There is also a edit field for
> viewing/modifying the object's user log text.
>
> KNOWN ISSUES:
> - If you remove all objects from the list, KStars will crash.
> I've been trying to track this down for 2 hours (hence all the
> debug statements) but I can't do more tonight.
>
> - The tool window should be non-modal, so you can continue to
> work in the main window when it is open.
>
> - The "Scope" button is non-functional.  Maybe Jasem can fill
> in this part?
>
> - It would be nice if we could add more than one list object
> to a single Alt vs. Time window.
>

> TODO:
> + If a clicked object is already in list, popup menu should
> have "remove object from list" instead of "add object to list"
>
> + keyboard shortcuts for adding/removing objects to/from the
> list
>
> + keyboard shortcuts for centering the next/previous list
> object in the map
>
> + Add (optional) visible markers to the map for all list
> objects
>
> + double click on the KListView to center that list object
>
> + Tool window should have a toggle-able "mini" state, where
> only the object names are shown along with smaller action
> buttons and no notes field (the mini state will be less in
> the way when working in the main window)
>
> + Ability to print the observing list; or export it to a
> spreadsheet, or in a format suitable for batch input into
> the Astrocalculator (for the latter, maybe just have an
> "import observing list" button in the calculator's batch
> mode screens).
>
> + Drag and drop?  dragging from the sky map to the
> observing list window could add that object to the list.
> (dragging and Ctrl+dragging are already taken...and
> Alt+dragging is used by KDE.  Maybe we can use
> Shift+dragging ??
>
> Please test it out, and let me know what you think, and if you have any
> ideas for this tool.

Hello Jason,

  I have tested it and the tool is OK. I would like to see an entry in the
main menu bar and be able to populate the list from the catalog or manually.
It is a very good idea to fire the list from the right mouse button, but I
think that it should not be the main entry point to this tool.

I can work in implementing an "import observing list" button in the calculator
to use the batch mode. I do not know if Iwill be able to finish it before the
freeze date.

regards,

Pablo.