[Kstars-devel] kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Sat Dec 4 09:05:39 CET 2004

CVS commit by harris:

First commit of an observing list tool.  Initial code by Jeff Woods,
which I have already extended a bit :).  WARNING, it's not yet stable,
so please try it out and look for bugs (and maybe try to fix them! :)

You can add objects to the observing list through the popup menu.  Then
you can open the Observing List Tool from the Tools menu (or with
Ctrl+L).  The tool shows the following data for each list object in
a KListView widget:  Name, RA, Dec, mag, type.  You can sort by any of
these by double-clicking the column.  There are buttons to perform
actions on the highlighted object (Center in map, Point telescope, show
Details, show Alt vs. Time, Remove).  There is also a edit field for
viewing/modifying the object's user log text.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- If you remove all objects from the list, KStars will crash.
I've been trying to track this down for 2 hours (hence all the
debug statements) but I can't do more tonight.

- The tool window should be non-modal, so you can continue to
work in the main window when it is open.

- The "Scope" button is non-functional.  Maybe Jasem can fill
in this part?

- It would be nice if we could add more than one list object
to a single Alt vs. Time window.

TODO:
+ If a clicked object is already in list, popup menu should
have "remove object from list" instead of "add object to list"

+ keyboard shortcuts for adding/removing objects to/from the
list

+ keyboard shortcuts for centering the next/previous list
object in the map

+ Add (optional) visible markers to the map for all list
objects

+ double click on the KListView to center that list object

+ Tool window should have a toggle-able "mini" state, where
only the object names are shown along with smaller action
buttons and no notes field (the mini state will be less in
the way when working in the main window)

+ Ability to print the observing list; or export it to a
spreadsheet, or in a format suitable for batch input into
the Astrocalculator (for the latter, maybe just have an
"import observing list" button in the calculator's batch
mode screens).

+ Drag and drop?  dragging from the sky map to the
observing list window could add that object to the list.
(dragging and Ctrl+dragging are already taken...and
Alt+dragging is used by KDE.  Maybe we can use
Shift+dragging ??

Please test it out, and let me know what you think, and if you have any
ideas for this tool.

CCMAIL: kstars-devel at kde.org
CCMAIL: jcwoods at bellsouth.net

  A            observinglist.cpp   1.1 [GPL (v2+)]
  A            observinglist.h   1.1 [GPL (v2+)]
  A            observinglistui.ui   1.1
  M +1 -1      Makefile.am   1.125
  M +521 -395  detaildialog.cpp   1.46
  M +110 -29   detaildialog.h   1.14