[Kstars-devel] KStars usability

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu Sep 11 09:29:12 CEST 2003

Hello,

> Well, I really never know they were "pressed" until your email. I'm
> using default SuSE+Kermaik and you can hardly tell that they're
> pressed. Pablo suggested we decrease the icon size.. how about the
> other way around, increase the border size?

Not possible, unless we abandon the KDE toolbar mechanism.  Making the
icons smaller should help.  I think most icons have a transparent
background, making it easier to see the depresssion when ON.

> I agree, Focus is the best alternative. This issue is minor though. I
> think the word "Focus" took most of my time when translating, I redid
> it so many times, so I know what Pablo is talking about :-)
> In Arabic, "Focus" is very strict to lenses, so I eneded up
> translating it as "Centering".

Clealy this is the most hated string in KStars :)  It must change, but
to what?  Pointing, I suppose :/

> I'm not sure about tooltips for menu items. I'll look into adding a
> "help" button to each tool where possible that links it directly to
> the corresponding entry in the handbook.

After the freeze, of course :)

regards,
KStars: A KDE Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars