[Kstars-devel] Re: INDI Time & Geographical settings

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Fri Dec 19 09:36:05 CET 2003

Jasem Mutlaq wrote:

> The telescope uses the the _computer_ time and geographical coordination you
> entered, not vice versa.
>
> This feature is not supported in the Celestron however (only Meade supports it
> now).

oh, my telescope is a Celestron. is this a hardware limitation of the
celestron telescopes (protocol) or just an INDI issue that the driver is
not mature enough?

Another question; I would like to better understand what the "sync"
action does. Sometimes, if the telescope is not very well aligned, when
I ask kstars to slew to some object I have to manually adjust the
telescope's position to center the object. If I watch on the screen then
the indicator is slightly away from the object. I press the right button
on the object again and I choose "sync". The indicator is now perfectly
centered on the object.
But what exactly happens this internally? Will kstars OR the telescope
OR both OR nothing remember this syncronization so the next slewing
action will be more accurate? I hope my question is clear.

Another question would be: what's the difference between "slew" and "track"?

> Please let me know if the telescope works in the field next time you test
> it :)

Of course. Unfortunately it seems the sky won't be clear in the next
days. Too bad now that there is no moon :(

ciao!
as