[Kstars-devel] status of INDI devices

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Tue Dec 9 10:10:33 CET 2003

Jasem Mutlaq wrote:

> Well, it's not a KStars (software) problem per se, but a hardware related issue. The telescope might not be responding to the software or the cable is not exactly connected right..etc.

yes I understand. I should look into the source code, but wouldn't be
possible to modify it to let the program retry n times to connect to the
telescope before giving up? At first, that error message "INDI closed
connection" was convincing me my telescope was not suported by INDI/kstars.

> And there is no need to start everything "manually", the wizard is essentially doing the same thing, so try that again. Let me know if the wizard constantly fails. Also, you can go to the Device Manager and run a "NexStar" service, and then go to the INDI Telescope panel and enter your port and connect, and control the scope from the sky map afterwards.

Another little request, it would be cool if kstars could remember
setting about telescope, in particular the device name. As I connect on
/dev/ttyUSB0, the control panel sticks on /dev/ttyS0 and I always have
to change.

However, those are very little things. The work is excellent and I hope
tonite it won't be cloudy :) too bad the moon is at it's full!

bye
Alessio Sangalli