KST Live Data Plotting of Raw PCM

Jacob Watts jacobwatts at mail.weber.edu
Sat Dec 17 05:32:22 GMT 2022

Hello KST,

I've successfully plotted live data from a 12-bit ADC! The process for
reading from the ADC to the saving to a .txt file is taking too much time
~100ms. This limits me on what frequencies I can look at. I'm interested in
using the on-board sound card on my Thinkpad E590 and port over the
incoming data. This will hopefully allow me to view higher frequency
phenomena. I'm hoping to look at frequencies around 5-20kHz without any
aliasing.

I'd like to know if it is possible for KST to perform such a task as
plotting data from the sound card. I'd like to take on the challenge if
it's possible! I'm interested in learning more about the dirfiles and I am
leaning towards taking advantage of them.

--
*Jacob Watts*
Weber State ECE Electrical Engineering Student
*Email*: jacobwatts at mail.weber.edu
*Website*: wattsjake.github.io