kst seriously broken

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 15:47:19 BST 2021

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 6:56 AM John Beale wrote:

> Is KST defaulting the comma/space column separator differently than your data file? I think a new install likely
> resets the default.

I think the default is determined by your locale.

This works fine with the gyrometer example from
https://kst-plot.kde.org/sample_data/ :

kst2 --asciiDecimalComma fixed-width+delimiter.txt -y 1 -y 2 -y 3 -y 4

Interestingly (and rather confusing), kst is caching my above setting
for that data file, so on a second run I don't need
--asciiDecimalComma :

cat ~/.config/kst/data.conf
[ASCII%20file]
home\tormod\Desktop\fixed-width%2Bdelimiter.txt\Use%20Dot=false

Tormod