kst seriously broken

wizard cybinlabs.com wizard at cybinlabs.com
Mon Sep 20 05:27:58 BST 2021

I've loaded kst2 from the ppa source twice, and then run apt remove kst2, apt get install kst  and etc.
In each case the loading went without incident .. smooth as silk. Unfortunately kst2 only appears to work for a single column of data.
I'm running Ubuntu 18.04

In fact most of the examples from the kst.org site don't work.  Here is the list

kst2 simpledata.dat -x 1 -y 2  fails   I get a blank Kst screen no curve

kst2 --help  works

kst2 gyrodata.dat -y 1 works

kst2 gyrodata.dat -f 7000 -n 10000 -y 1  got a basic trapazoidal waveform

kst2 gyrodata.dat -m 1 -y 1 -y 2 -y 3  data is plotted in the first window, windows 2 and 3 are empty

kst2 gyrodata.dat -m 2 -P 1 -y 1 -P 2 -y 2 -y 3 data in the large window, the right window is empty

The same erratic behavior is seen when I run the wizard. This is not the behavior I enjoyed on the

 same machine a few years ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chuck Glasser