Graph not updating on startup

Ben Lewis benlewis003 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 23:57:45 UTC 2017

Hi Trevor,

Your update rate should not necessary be the same as your sampling rate. For slow sampling rates
(e.g. less than 1 Hz) this may be okay but no so for faster sampling rates.

I guess it depends on whether your data file is local or remote (accessed over a network). My data
files are typically remote. I regularly sample multiple channels at 10 kHz and use a Kst update
interval of 1 sec. This means that Kst reads 10k new samples every update. If I set the Kst interval
to 100 microseconds Kst would not have time to read each sample before the next sample was produced.

I would suggest starting with an update interval of around one second and then reducing this in
steps if there are no update problems. In your case this means Kst will read 20 new samples on each
update.

Regards, Ben