AW: KST-Plot Windows Version - DateTime picker / data export

Huber, Jörg Huber.Joerg at herrenknecht.de
Wed Jun 28 14:54:04 UTC 2017

Hello Barth,
Sorry for my late response but I’ve never got your mail, maybe blocked as spam without any notification…
I’ve found your answer today on KST mailing list archive: http://kst.kde.narkive.com/VBbwhGua/kst-data-export
Sorry about the relatively high level of silence from my end. It looks like I
will be able to spend a lot more of my subway time on kst this spring
however :-)

I can not see a way to implement this in kst currently.
-We can't currently access fields in a data source as strings.
-We can't currently trigger a python script from within kst2.
-The scripting currently doesn't have any access to mouse coordinates.

But:

Are you imagining that the external file is constantly appended to as you
move the mouse? Or would the user do something (eg, hit a key?) to
trigger an event.

I think a semi-general approach would be to add a PyKst call that would
return a structure with lots of useful state information (frame information,
cursor position, list of key/mouse events since the last call). Then a
python script could poll kst2 waiting for whatever you want, then the
python could go off and parse files to its heart's content. Sound ok?

In a couple of commutes, I could add something to PyKst to make this
possible if you think it would be useful. I think it could be pretty cool.

Are you running windows? If so, I might need some help in getting it all
working there. I /think/ python scripting works fine in windows, but... I don't
run windows (the Win 10 upgrade has managed to bork my windows
partition) myself.

Your suggestion sounds really great. Yes I’m running Windows 7.
The user should hit a key to trigger an event.
Does the windows version supports python interface or scripting?  I’m running Kst Version 2.0.8 Revision 29f1416.
Thanks a lot for your help
Kind regards
Joerg

Jörg Huber
Graduate Engineer
electrical engineering
Herrenknecht AG
Schlehenweg 2
77963 Schwanau-Allmannsweier
Germany
(+49 (7824) 302 5440
7+49 (7824) 302 2940
mailto:huber.joerg at herrenknecht.de
http://www.herrenknecht.de<http://www.herrenknecht.de/>

Registergericht / Register Court: Freiburg HRB 390485
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates / Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
Hans-Jörg Vetter
Vorstand / Board of Management:
Dr.-Ing. E. h. Martin Herrenknecht, Vorsitzender / Chairman
Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Ing. Michael Sprang, CFO und Stellvertreter / Vice Chairman
Betriebswirt (VWA) Kurt Stiefel
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Günter Richter
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Ulrich Schaffhauser