[Kst] kst2 can not open netcdf files

Brisset, Nicolas nicolas.brisset at airbus.com
Mon Jul 25 07:22:32 UTC 2016

Hi Alex,

I'm not 100% sure, but I guess the netcdf library you're using may be compiled without support for HDF5, which is required for some netcdf files using this as backend.
Generally speaking, if the netcdf utilities packaged by your distribution see the variables (try ncdump -h) then Kst should see them too. If it's not the case, you may have to find other packages or compile Kst yourself. Note that 2.0.3 is quite old and it is highly recommended to use a newer version (2.0.8).

Nicolas