[Kst] ASCII data - confusion about multiple plots

Daniel Miller dmiller at vitalconnect.com
Wed Feb 3 23:57:03 UTC 2016

Number of data points varies tremendously, depending on how long we were
collecting data, and what sample rate was... accelerometer data is sampled
at 4 hz, which is 12 points per second; if run over a weekend (a common
sampling period) that would be about 3 million points.

I suspect that kst2 won't have trouble with this; I've already been using
it to plot 30,000 points, which it handles almost instantly!!

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 3:53 PM, Barth Netterfield <
netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca> wrote:

> Only non-redundant lines ever get sent to the graphics card, so that
> really won't matter.
> How many points are you plotting?
>
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 6:50 PM, Daniel Miller <dmiller at vitalconnect.com>
> wrote:
>
>> huh... yeah, that might well work!!  It'll be plotting three times as
>> much data as it really is receiving, but what the heck, we have Nvidia
>> graphics cards...
>>
>> Thanks, I'll try that!!
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Ben Lewis <benlewis003 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dan,
>>>
>>> It sounds like each channel has its own sample rate (or is asynchronous).
>>>
>>> In cases like this I use the channel with the highest sample rate for
>>> the time stamp. Then for all other channels I use the old value until it is
>>> updated.
>>>
>>> For example
>>>
>>> timestamp, data_x, data_y, data_z
>>> 0, 10, 10, 10