[Kst] Entry for kst on kde.org/applications (was: Re: [Kde-extra-gear] This list and associated website will be ending in one week)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Feb 3 14:47:46 UTC 2016

Hi Kst developers & maintainers,

(please cc: kde-extra-gear at kde.org or best continue there, I am not subscribed
to kst at kde.org)

we need your feedback and help for doing a proper redirect for the kst page on
the to-be-shutdown site extragear.kde.org, which for consistency with handling
of other former pages on extragear.kde.org and ease of setup would point to
kde.org/applications.

(see old page of kst at extragear.kde.org/apps/kst/, which is listed on
extragear.kde.org)

The plan is to forward to the respective page on the software catalog on
kde.org/applications. Seems kst currently has no such entry there, which is a
shame. So let's create one. Which is were you get into the game :)

Please create a description file for kst using the template at
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/www/applications/apps/template.txt?view=markup
(unless you can even do it yourself). Please also tell which icon (file) to
use as official app icon there.
You can find the description files for other apps as reference at
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/www/applications/apps/

Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have some.

See below for respective context.

Am Freitag, 22. Januar 2016, 20:44:56 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> Am Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2016, 11:19:31 schrieb Jeremy Whiting:
> > On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
> >
> > <kossebau at kde.org> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > let's get this one finished.

> > > Redirects could be done to the respective app pages below
> > > https://www.kde.org/applications/
> > > which are having similar info.
> > >
> > > Not sure all apps have pages there already (e.g. KXStitch is to be found
> > > where? is not in /applications/graphics/ at least), so would be also
> > > good
> > > to fix that while doing so.
> > >
> > > Anyone quick up to do that, first
> > > a) add missing pages to kde.org/applications, then
> > > b) adding redirects?
> >
> > I can do a and b if you like,
>
> That would be great.
<snip>
> Most items on the extragear website seem to have proper replacement on
> kde.org/applications/.
<snip>
> Kst -> has own subdomain https://kst-plot.kde.org/, needs
> kde.org/applications entry