[Kst] What's the matrix format for plotting in KST ?

COURTOIS Sylvain sylvain.courtois at supmeca.fr
Thu Oct 15 08:56:47 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm Sylvain Courtois, and I'm a teacher in an engineering school near Paris in France.

I need a little help for using KST. I want to plot data which represent a temperature calculated at multiple points of coordinate x,y. I want to obtain an image like the example in the video tutorial n°7: https://youtu.be/mgP24MryyKw (at 1min30s)

I have tested several formats of ascii files, but no one is recognized. In columns and rows (see attached file plaque2D.csv) and in an unique column as in kst-handbook manual (see plaque2D-KST.dat).

Can you help me? Can you send me back a description of the file format I can generate? (I have programmed a C script that calculate the values and export them in an asci file)

I would like to use KST with my students as soon as possible. Thank you very much for your response.
With my best regards,
--
Sylvain COURTOIS
Enseignant en Mécanique